July 5, 2011

Let's Build it! {Tot Packs and Puzzles}


One of my favourite things about blogging is the wealth of wonderful ideas shared by other like-minded Moms. I also love finding free resources and today I am going to share a few great spots to find Tot Packs.(These packs are also called  File Folder Games or Lapbooks.) What are they? In a nutshell, the idea is to take a flat cardboard folder or file and to glue a variety of activities, centered around a particular theme, on the inside of it. You can really create a pack about any subject under the sun! My apologies for not having a photo of the pack we created, but if you visit any of the sites below, there are lots of pictures available.

First stop is Carisa from 1+1+1=1. Carisa creates wonderful free printables for homeschooling Moms, including Tot (and Preschool) Packs. In her packs, she might include colouring pages, shadow matching, sequencing, patterns, and alphabet and numeracy activities.  Carisa has created a Handy Manny Pack and a Big Machines Pack, both perfect to include in our "Let's Build It!" mini theme. To print out both of these, click here.

In my search for more packs, I also found a fantastic Tools Tot Pack at Our Little Monkeys. I printed out the puzzle pieces (see photo)  and decided to stick them onto some Mega Bloks. I wish I could say that this was my idea, but it is simply my version of lego puzzles created by Jenea at I can teach my child. (Great idea, don't you think?)

If you like these packs, be sure to also check out these from Homeschool Creations. A big thank you to Carisa, Dawn and Jolanthe for creating these wonderful resources and sharing them.

This was the last of my Let's Build It! theme posts. Knowing my little boy though, I'm sure that this will not be the last about construction related and tool time activities. :)

Till next time...

8 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

I love the way you did that! How FUN! Thanks for sharing :)

Dawn (Our Little Monkeys)

Marlynn said...

What a good idea! Thanks for sharing!

Joyfulmama said...

Hi Georgia! I've used some of Me & Marie's baggie games for file folder games. Sweetpea LOVES them, but gets cross when the 'puzzle pieces' move around, so this is a brilliant way to get them to stay put. Thanks so much for sharing - I'm going to print out another set and stick them to some of our plastic bricks. XXX

Shirley said...

What a super idea! Thanks for sharing, Georgia - always good to check in and visit your wonderful blog! Hope you have been well!

Km said...

I just adore the idea of lap books and games!!! We have Yet to make one, But the other day I bought colorful file folders with the intention of making some! I like your Lego block above... And I look forward to seeing some of your tot books soon!!

Carisa said...

Thanks for sharing! ;-)

Allie said...

I just saw this thanks to pinterest - I posted a similar one just this week so I added a link to yours in my post. I am so glad I found your blog again tonight! Wow.

Lindsey said...

I saw something similar in family fun magazine -- they put family pictures on them and then mixed them up. It was very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...